Buying a bar in spain
Posted: 14 April 2012 12:10 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-13

😊 Hello, I wonder if anyone can share some unbias wisdom about buying a bar in tne costa del sol and what areas are better or worse for business? I notice there are many bars for sale in benalmadena and while Im aware there will be various reasons surely it cant all be to do with lack of tourism or recession? I only want a small starter place really Im prepared to work hard as Ive run bars in the uk and as long as I can make a decent living I would be happy. All ideas welcome. Many thanks, Maria

Posted: 14 April 2012 07:15 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Maria your welcome here , you would from , the UK ? , 1 get a life ... YES , you tied to the place 24/7 bars in this area are all try to keep there heads above board/water , just back for been out there to night.  1 euro for a beer .. my mates for ireland that i used two work with befor moving here are on holidays , thay went mad , there out sine 8 pm ... and place is a kipe the guy where tell me it was ok but was dead sine tueday night , bit of action you would call it
My EXboss bought and sold a bar in Madrid few years ago , he had 10 bars across EU and he sold all , one due smoking ban , 2 people dont have money any more
he bought a sheel and did up , it was one best know pubs and was packed 7 night aweek and food from 11 am - 8 pm the place trun in to a disco bar , 90s,80s and to day music but closed at 3 rest pub keep going and i asked why 3 am closed , he say 1 i got there money 2 there drunk , 3 we closed at 3am not my problem any more now . 4 it not an Irish bar , it a international bar . Now the bar in madrid is empty most night only for Fri /sat night , that could down bad dj aswell . now my exboss is only guy that still make money hand over hand over fist why his dad told him Recession you alwas make money , hard work but not the PUB Game
if want i give his number pm me here and i pass it on ,
Dont for get all the paper work in spain for the Bar game aswell
O just told did you very watch Eldorado back in the 90s by the bbc ... will spain not like that

becareful of paper work , the law , the lawers and so on
Jurdy

Posted: 15 April 2012 09:04 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-13

Hello Jurdy,
Thankyou so much for replying to me, Im not sure if you are saying YES you can still make a living or not to bother??? What is the best area in the costa del sol for a small business.
Many thanks, Maria