Hello - Moving to Spain in February 2013
Posted: 23 April 2012 06:04 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2012-04-23

Hello,

My name is Mike and I presently live in Upstate NY and am relocating to the Costa del Sol Region in February 2013.  I am 59 y/o, single and plan on renting a furnished place upon my arrival unless one of the many agencies I have been in contact with finds me a place prior to my arrival, but I would prefer looking myself.

As you can imagine, I have done tons of research and have already acquired many of the necessary documents for my travel.  However, I have many, many, questions that I hope you fine folks will be able to answer for me.

Before I start asking all my questions, perhaps I should wait until I hear from you.  Perhaps one of you will “adopt” me and take me on as a challenge!

My email address is:  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I look forward to my move as it is a new time in my life. 

Until I hear from you, I hope this finds you well.

Regards,

Mike Rutledge

Posted: 24 April 2012 02:52 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

Hi Mike

We live in Inland Andalucia, about an hours drive from Malaga, where abouts are you hoping to move to??

Posted: 24 April 2012 03:14 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-23

Hi,

Just from my previous visit there in 1974 I was thinking the Torremolinos area but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Mike

Posted: 24 April 2012 04:07 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-23

Cazzy,

Forgive me, but I do have to ask…is the weather still the most perfect weather on the planet (summer…i.e. no humidity)?  I remember playing in a tennis tournament outside of Torremolinos in 1974 and it was 105 and we didn’t sweat!!!

That I gotta know…

Regards,

Mike

Posted: 20 May 2012 03:05 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-03-20

Hi Mike,

Not there myself yet so can’t give you advice from the front !! but i have stayed the last twice I was over in Estepona , it’s beautiful beach , mountains ,walks,bars, but hey each of us has our own ideals and preferences. Looking to go over & be out there before the end of the year , lets get this dream started 😊

Wishing you all the luck , let me know how you get on

Later

Mary

‹‹ bank and savings      Newbie............ ››