Trying to Contact a Human at Consulate, Embassy or at least Visa Office
Posted: 29 July 2012 03:41 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-07-29

Hi my common law partner (over 9 years) and I want to be able to work in Spain.  I have dual citizenship UK and US and so EU citizenship as well.  She has US citizenship.  The closest Spanish consulate to us is in Chicago, a five hour drive away.  I’ve read on their site that in order to apply for a National Visa, which enables one to work in Spain, one has to show up in person.  We’d like to be able to phone someone in order to ask if the a.) if the Visa is necessary for common law partners of EU citizens, b.) what all the documents we need to apply are c.) if we have time to apply and receive the Visa (we are leaving in one month) and d.) if we can make an appointment to meet someone after we drive there, among other questions. 

Does any one know how to contact a human at the Consulate, Embassy or Visa office?  We have tried their number during office hours several times.  I have also e-mailed them a couple times including at the e-mail address they gave in the auto reply.  How do we do this?
Thanks much
Charles

Posted: 29 July 2012 04:06 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

How long has it been since you sent them an email?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 29 July 2012 04:07 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-07-29

It was last week.