certificado de capacidad matrimonial
Posted: 04 January 2011 12:24 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-04

Hi to all, i am a brittish citizen currently living in Ibiza for two & half years,i have the new certificado de registro de ciudano de la union which i understand replaces the old residencia.My fiance is Filipina & currently lives in Philippines & we plan to marry this year.The Philippines embassy has told us that i need to obtain a Fe De Vida y Solteria which is a certificate of singlness & a certificate of not being married.Can anyone give me information what i need to do to obtain this & how long it takes etc please
Any help with information will be much appreciated.
Thank you for a superb & useful website, keep up the good work.

Regards Tony.

Signature 

Regards Tony

Posted: 07 January 2011 11:21 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-04

ok, just to update my previous posting i can now give advice on what is needed.Today i went to the Ministerio De Justicia & was told that because i am not a Spanish citizen (even though i have residencia) i must obtain the certificates needed from the Brittish Consulate.I went to the Brittish consulate & had to make an appointment for next week,i have to swear infront of a member of the consulate that am i am single & not married,then the bans will be advertised for 3 weeks which then after no contesting the certificates will be issued, total price )including to have them translated) 270 euros.
Hope this is some help & useful information to anyone else in the same situation as me.

Signature 

Regards Tony

Posted: 13 September 2011 04:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2010-04-09

Hi Tony,

The British Consulates can issue Civil Status Certificates for British Nationals.

You can find all the information on our website:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-spain/births-deaths-marriages/marriage/certificates/civil-status

Thanks,

Fiona

Signature 

British Embassy, Madrid.

Promoting British Interests in Spain with Commitment, Consistency and Confidence.

http://www.ukinspain.fco.gov.uk

Posted: 14 August 2013 04:12 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2013-06-28

Hi Tony. I’m also going through the same. I’m British and my boyfriend is Spanish. What exactly did you do to get the appointment? I’m I’m Madrid.
Urgent help needed.
Thanks