Lotteries/Gambling in Spain
Posted: 10 October 2007 04:26 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-10-10

I presently work for a number of Hospices in the UK.  Each Hospice has it’s own local lottery that brings in substantial cash for the Hospice.  I am wondering if anyone knows anything about local lotteries in Spain.  There are two British Hospices in Spain and each one could benefit from this type of fundraising.  Thanks

Posted: 11 October 2007 07:54 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I am not an expert in this area but I think you may have a problem with this one! The Spanish seem to have a much different culture regarding betting/gambling to the extent that some bingo in Brit bars has now been banned! I know the Spanish have many different lotteries including ONCE etc but I dont think (I could be wrong) they will grant you the licences etc to start your own. But good luck.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 11 October 2007 10:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-10-10

Thanks very much for your response.  This is not exactly for me but more for the Hospice movement in Spain.  I am sure that we will find other ways of fundraising within the British communities.

Posted: 12 October 2007 12:08 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Yes I know the hospices in the UK are an incredible resource to have available and was much appreciated by my dear departed mother and the family.

I do not think the Spanish quite understand the hospice culture (?) as of course their after care and needs of the elderly and infirm still tend to be looked after by the family.

I know their is fund raising going on in the Costa Blanca to try and establish a hospice locally. Of course with many expats do not having any family living in Spain so hospices may become very much needed.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca