Sunday’s Race in Brazil
Posted: 16 October 2007 08:59 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2007-08-18

Does anyone here follow Formula One?  I’m interested as to how some of our British expat friends feel about the whole Alonso-Hamilton-Mclaren-Ferrari mess.

I really don’t see Alonso as the fragile crybaby that the UK media is making him out to be.  I just dont think that they understand the Spanish character all that well, or they really want to demonize him in order to sell more papers.

Posted: 16 October 2007 11:02 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-07-31

Hi there am a big F1 fan go to at least one race every year for nearly 12 years now. Alonso is no push over, was happy for him when he got in the maclaren. But things are going against him I.E LH not letting him go past in second session when he was carrying more fuel and since that day the door has been slowly closing on his maclaren drive. I for one think he can still win against all the odds, he is a great driver to win two world crowns, and still be in with a chance of a third well thats class.Have been to the last three Barcelona GP and never seen the place so full around 113.000 on sat before race day. Thats due to Alonso LH has had all the luck, the wet race the other week when he should have been punished for unsafe driving behind the safety car. I think Alonso is still the top driver in F1, and will win more titles even if its not with maclaren kind regards 😊

Posted: 18 October 2007 02:20 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-10-18

There is that was Alonso who retire to Schumacher before time, and it is also necessary to have in consideration that Alonso won 2 World Championships, but it won two World Championships with two cars that were theoretically inferior to a Ferrari or a McLaren