PLEASE can anyone help me with my chevrolet astro day van
Posted: 21 October 2007 02:18 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-10-14

1995 astro 4.3 v6 engine type w misses when hot
its had new fuel pump distributer cap rotor plugs and leads+battery when it starts from cold its fine ticks over nice and revs ok but when get warmed up it misses when braking for a roundabout it sometimes stalls.when pull of lights it starts to miss then clears itself when traveling on motorways at 65 mph it will die you put your foot down no responce 2-3 seconds later it kicks in then flys off very strange no faults in pcm no light on in dash no chevrolet dealers in spain will touch it one put his scanner on it found nothing wrong played with egr valve it tested ok all other valves and emmision sensors all ok.BUT when cold its purfect( i think i should move to the northpole)or if you know anyone who deals with these cars who live in or around alacante area i would be greatfull for any information. please anybody HELP ME many thanks mark

Posted: 21 October 2007 03:51 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-10-18

Wish I could help but I had mysterious problems with mine over here. When it was cold, like driving on ice, if you braked the engine would try to still push you along. A little nerve racking on icy bridges. Nothing wrong when it was tested…!

I did have problems, losing power and missing when under load and had the fuel injectors changed. (Expensive) I found out by checking the plugs a couple were burnt out and a couple loaded up.

Just to change plugs though you have to jack the front end off the ground take off the wheels and pull covers out of the wheel wells so you can reach the plugs using every socket extension upto 6 foot long.

Much as I loved mine in other ways I finally got rid of it.

Signature 

You are who you pretend to be.
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.

Posted: 21 October 2007 11:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-08-12

Only thing I can think of that might give those symptoms is “vapour lock” this is caused when the fuel in the fuel supply pipe gets too hot and starts to vapourise. check that none of the fuel lines are close to anything that might get hot.

Hope this help and you sort it.

John