Cuts of Meat…The Butcher Dilema
Posted: 21 October 2007 03:19 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2007-08-18

Does anyone know what a comparable cut of meat is here to an American standing rib roast or prime rib.  I’m thinking its a lomo alto but not sure…I asked a butcher here if they can get me a primal with the rib bones still in and he looked at me like I was insane.  Has anyone tried to get some NY Strip Steaks here, Entrecot seems to be part of a ribeye in texture and flavor.

Posted: 21 October 2007 11:35 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

This is actually a good question. I’ve had this issue before too (especially at Thanksgiving with the pavo situation).

Any carne experts?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 22 October 2007 02:00 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2007-08-18
The Expatriator - 21 October 2007 11:35 PM

This is actually a good question. I’ve had this issue before too (especially at Thanksgiving with the pavo situation).

Any carne experts?

What is your Pavo Situation?

I’ve seen whole turkeys (albeit fairly anemic ones) at the Carrefour of all places around Xmas.  I’m going to attempt to order a whole one for Thanksgiving from a local butcher.  That should be fun.