HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO LIVE FOR A YEAR
Posted: 02 October 2007 09:40 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-07-31

Hi guys what would you say it costs to live in spain for a year? takeaway the mortgage
and rent, just food, eating out, household bills, shopping that sort of thing. look forward
to your answers kind regards 😊

Posted: 02 October 2007 09:48 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2007-07-14

Hi,
Just with looking at all the posts on this site I would reckon on about 30% less than Blighty but that depends on your standard of living ie. would you crave for English food at the supermarket or stick to Spanish brands.  The odd treat is ok but on the whole I would reccomend local produce as that would cut your bill drastically.  Also if you have air conditioning although its great will bump up your electric bill.  On the whole it really does depend on how you wish to live.

Signature 

:coolsmile:

Posted: 03 October 2007 12:12 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-07-31

Sticking to spanish goods I.E wine which i get from the local wine makers when i am over there.
7 euros for 5 litres not bad either, just buying spanish goods at supermarket. And the odd meal out
at the local restaurant, what would you say the average expat spends in a year? kind regards :coolsmile:

Posted: 03 October 2007 09:47 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2007-07-04

I don?t believe that, on average, an ExPat would have a COLI higher than a local.  Not that long ago the Spanish Government published the cost of living indices for the whole of Spain but I have no idea where to find them.  You might be able to find something here:

http://www.ine.es/

But I recall that the variance in COLI across Spain was rather high and obviously some of the highest areas were in Las Canarias.

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2007 10:06 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Did you read our cost of living article? If so, what info are we missing?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 06 October 2007 08:38 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2007-10-01

bit of how long is a piece of string question.

however to run a villa, pay tax on it, insure it, suma.

2 cars with insurance, fuel etc

eating out 1 or 2 times per week.

all food

heating, water, electricity, telephone internet etc.

health insurance

buying bits & pieces as required.

for 2 people ?20K per annum

Posted: 22 November 2007 04:58 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ScottK could you do this for 1 week keep all your bills , supermarket eating out so on and list up here for one week
jurdy

any useing la caixa please help me out so that can change there web site for english specking
thanks