British Masters Degree in Spain, how would it work?
Posted: 10 December 2007 04:58 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-12-07

Hi there,

I am Spanish and lived in London for 10 years. I have come back to my home city (Valencia) 8 months ago and I am planning to stay here for good. At the moment I am working in a 5 stars hotel as public relations, but not sure if this is the kind of job I want to do for a living. The reason for this is that I have a MA in Employment Studies and Human Resources Management by a British university, and I feel like I might be wasting my degree doing something not related to it at all. I applied for HR jobs in Spain when I first came but wasnt very lucky. People in my country still dont understand the equivalents of my degree and grades (I have an overall distinction and I was in the top 100 scores in masters within my university 2007). I am planning to apply to multinational companies where they might have a broader knowledge about European high education but most of them are in Madrid and Barcelona and I am not sure if I want to change location. What other routes do I have to do the most of my achievements?

Love

Sandra

Posted: 10 December 2007 09:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

Hi Sandra,

I would write the equivalent Spanish qualification on your CV eg Master de recursos humanos but state that you got it from a University in the UK - perhaps that is what you are doing already? Is a Master in Spain the same level as that in the UK?

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com

Posted: 11 December 2007 02:55 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-12-04

Hello Sandra! I also consider that you have a full Master en Recursos Humanos valid in all EU/EFTA.
I have an Italian degree: it is considered the same as a Spanish one. I suggest you, if you do not mind, that you translate the degree.

I think, that despite the living quality of Valencia, you have to consider a move if you want to work in a big company.

Just two questions: Why did you return? Don?t you have more professional opportunities in the UK? Martin