Moving to Ciudad Quesada
Posted: 06 January 2008 11:42 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-01-06

Hi All.

I am moving to Ciudad Quesada (Alicante) with my family ( partner, three boys aged 6, 8, 12 and two dogs ) in March 2008 :coolgrin:
I’m presently employed as a air conditioning egineer here in the UK, but have quite a lot of experience in the building trade, although i can turn my hand to anything.
Is there anybody from this area who can give me any advise on finding work, schools, pets, infact any advise on absolutly anything to do with life/living in the Quesada area would be very much apprieciated
Regards Jason and Family.

Posted: 07 January 2008 01:01 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Hi there - the boys will have to go to school in Rojales so you will need to register them asap. There are some British air con companies working around the area (they advertise in the local Brit papers) and they might be looking for experienced engineers. If your property is part of a community there might be some rules about the dogs - they will needed to be ?chipped? to be legal in Spain. Good luck.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 07 January 2008 06:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-01-06

Hi Robi,

Thank you for the prompt reply to my questions.
Do you know if it will be to late to register the boys at the Rojales school in March? If so, it could be possible for their mother to bring them over sometime in febuary. Ive been told there are two intakes at the school. One in september ( i think ) and the other, im not sure.
I will keep looking through the Brit publications for work, although ive been informed a lot of work is usually found “word of mouth”. I personnaly want to get into the building game again. However, if i have to wait tables and serve beer or chips, then so be it.
Ive had the dogs chipped and vaccinated, so i will look into the community rulings on dogs. We are renting there untill we have found what is best for us as a family. Personally, id like an old style spanish town house out in the sticks, but until we have mastered some spanish, it would be probably best we stay located in a prodomenatly english speaking area.

Regards Jason and Family