Postal Deliveries in Spain (Valencia area)
Posted: 14 January 2008 04:43 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-01-14

I am buying a town house in the Valencia area.
My question is: Is the mail delivered to the door (never see letter flaps on Spanish front doors) or do you have to pick it up from post office?

Posted: 14 January 2008 05:30 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

The answer is it depends on where exactly you live! eg In the centre of Torrevieja you get mail delivered to your door. A few kms away on a new urbanisation you might get it delivered to the communities buzons (a block of metal boxes 1 assigned to each property) or you may not if the local Correos (Post office) has not been informed of the new community or does not have the manpower! If you end up in a location without a delivery service you can rent a buzon in the local Correos for around 50? per annum.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 14 January 2008 05:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-01-14

Thanks Rob. I am buying a town house in the Old Town of Oliva. I suspect I will have to get a buzon.

Posted: 15 January 2008 06:09 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-13

Hi,
I just have to add that sometimes they are short of boxes at the post office. In my case i was advised to write a personal letter to the postmaster and explain why I was in need of a box, and then I could get my name on the waiting list (about 2 years waiting). I had no time for that so I rented a private box for little less than 100 ? per year. I still have the same private post box but the fee has risen to just above 100 ?.

Best regards from Mijas-Costa

Signature 

Jonny Erixon

Posted: 15 January 2008 09:41 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-01-14

Thanks Jonny.
I do not move over permanately for another 3 - 4 yrs. So I have got the time to wait.
Thanks again.
Iain