I AM BRITISH MY HUSBAND IS KIWI, WE HAVED LIVED IN NZ FOR 4YRS, CAN WE MOVE TO SPAIN?
Posted: 16 January 2008 01:37 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-01-16

I am planning on moving to Herradura as my aprents live there, I suppose my situation is slightly unique in that I am a brit but am not really a british resident anymore. Does anyone know if I will have problems getting my children into school? (they are 8 and 5), will I be able obtain a work visa? I know its boring but there may be someone out there who has been in a similar boat and may stop us making a big fat mistake?

Posted: 16 January 2008 02:27 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

need to get EU Residency for you hub and then you can move on from there

Posted: 16 January 2008 05:26 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-01-15

Hi, I am in a very similar case. My wife is Italian and I am Canadian.

I was just forwarded by a very nice guy in this forum a PDF document published by the ” Ministerio de Trabajo Y Asuntos Sociales” (Ministry of Labor and Social affairs) containing all the necessary information, rights, including the forms that you will need to fill.

Because its a 3Mb documents I can’t post in here but the name of the file is: Residencia Brochure 2007.pdf and the title of the document is Regulations governing eu citizens in Spain.

The consulate has been very useless but this documents clarified all my questions. It states that as a spouse I can live and even work in Spain by accompanying my wife. We both have to apply for residencia but we have 3 months to do so after our entry and it should be done on the local police.

Google for the document and I am sure you will find.

Best of luck

Posted: 16 January 2008 10:11 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-01-16

Dear Friviana, thanks soo much for your response I will set about looking up those details, I don’t mean this horribly but it is always comforting to know thats someones in the same boat as you! All the best, Mandy

Posted: 16 January 2008 01:49 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

He is referring to a document I sent him and you can find it at:

Regimen de los ciudadamos comunitarios en Espana

English version available ? click on the UK flag

http://extranjeros.mtas.es/

Good luck!

Signature 

Rob