Just moved to Sevilla…..
Posted: 18 January 2008 10:35 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-01-18

Just a quick introduction really… Anybody out there in Seville?  My wife and I have recently moved from London. I am an internet based currency trader and my wife a newly graduated nutritional therapist..(from the institue of optimum nutrition) .... Does anybody know of English based mags/news papers where she could advertise ? We have already discovered the Olive press.. Many thanks ... Rich

Posted: 01 February 2008 09:09 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-02-01

Hi Rich,

My husband and I will arrive in Seville on Feb 27th. We’re relocating from Canada but we’re dual Canadian/U.K. citizens. We’re going to be looking for work and setting up in Seville starting in early March. My background is public relations and teaching english and my husband is an instrumentation engineer. We have info on how to get started with the process for an NIE and the like, but any advice you have on setting up in Seville would be great. Have you found an apartment? Any suggestions for good neighbourhoods with reasonable rents?

Any info you have from your experiences so far would be great. Best of luck to you as you get settled.

Claire and Andy Morrow

Posted: 01 February 2008 12:50 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-18

hi there,
Been here a month… 
This is they wasy we did it.. We rented one of these holiday rentals for a month to give us enough time to search for a more permant solution… NOBODY speaks Engligh here…I have the address and phone number here . The guy you need to speak to is Jean Pierre, who speaks good English..: (34) 692 16 22 91 This guy is the manager of the block of flats. I did this through an agent originally..
This is the web site   http://www.sevillarent.com
I am sure the owner would appreciate not spending money on agency fees.. It is not cheap 75/85 euros per day as they are holiday appartments, but for 1 month i got a deal for 1000 euros…
As for the area I have travelled on EVERY single bus route to guage the different areas.. And I settled for the “casco antiguo” the Historical old part of town which is stunning to say the least.  There is very little to rent here, eveybody seems to but and sell.. I found something after two weeks… 3 bedroom 2 bath room large flat for 1200 euros/ month , for us british you would not get alot for that but here you get a palace. You can find stuff at 600 euros per month 2 beds , further out.. Don’t know what your budget is but that is pretty much the range…
I can pass on the name and address of the agents I used (I do speak Spanish so You can call on me for help if you like) Beware that here YOU and the the owner both pay a one off months rent as com to the agent. Also you will need an “aval” guarantee for 1 year to secure the contract, WhatI i did was to give them 3 months cash upfront ... and at the same time invest the remainder of the years rent on a one year fixed deposit with BBVA bank(these guys opened a foreigners acc for us in 5 minutes)...Investing for a 1 year term pretty much sets the abll rolling for an “aval”.... Having said all this it was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be.. We have actually made friends with the owner and are going out tonight…(I am Italian and speak some Spanish though).. They do some very good intensive Spanish courses here…  This is a great city… am loving it.. Let me know if you have any further questions and write to me on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  when you get here.. Almost forgot re NIE number .. It helps to have one.. Basically you go to some office and get a “cita” (appointment) and come back a month later with your passport+9 euros+ and a completed form… I have not had mine yet
Take care Rich

Posted: 03 February 2008 07:55 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

richard please keep us filled in here with how this are going for people read what happens with you new Life and the move two Seville
love to be there for Holy Week (Semana Santa) in Seville , what a week there you love it but late nights , was there in 2003 , 2000 1996 and in 1992 for the Expo92

View of the Cathedral of Seville ..................................... cloaks and hoods of the Easter Holy Week processions

Posted: 04 February 2008 10:34 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-18

Am I right in think you have a radio station?
Where are you based? And what kind of music do you play.. The reason I ask is that I DJ from time to time ..
Richard

Posted: 04 February 2008 01:52 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

well i dont have any stations but my mates do here in Spain , Uk Ireland Swedeen Hungary and few off the east Eu States will i run the computers systems for them and keep the music running
There Mainly Music driving station with some talk
you say your where are still a dj fill me in
But see the link few good payying ones
jurdy

Posted: 24 February 2008 10:18 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-02-24

Hi.  We’re living just outside Seville (near to Dos Hermanas).  We’ve been here over five years and love it.  If you need any help just ask and we’ll see what we can do.