Moving my stuff to spain
Posted: 26 February 2008 04:16 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-02-26

hello all, im a first timer on here, so be kind!

I am moving to Spain at the end of March to start a TEFL job in Valladolid, and being reasonably young (23) I don’t really have enough worldly belongings to justify paying for international removal. However, that being said, I have too many worldly belongings to take them all in a suitcase or two.

So my question to you more experienced expats is… how should I get my stuff to Valladolid? Ive looked into pretty much every way of doing it but I relay have not got the foggiest idea of which the best way would be.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Nicko

Posted: 26 February 2008 04:28 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-02-13

Hi Nicko, we used a remover but only paid for part of the van as it was shared with other pick ups that the company had, so you only pay for the space you use.

Posted: 26 February 2008 04:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-02-26

Ok, well that sounds promising… what was the name of the company you used, could you suggest anyone?

Posted: 26 February 2008 05:31 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

My friend in Granada does frequent removal trips to the UK in his van, and there is often some spare space in one direction or the other. He’s over in March and might be able to pick up in UK and drop off in Northern Spain before he heads down to Andalucia.  If he doesn’t need to go too far out of his way, his charge will be very low.  PM me if you’d like his contact details.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 27 February 2008 12:19 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

will if you pack it and fine out the kgs, what your shipping then you know , would be better off know how to ship . Ask your airline for cost with 2nd Bag most airline let you ship bag off 22 kg. Dhl would ship to me from out side off spain and reship back out again so ask people to get the kgs off the package ....
jurdy

Posted: 16 March 2008 05:45 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-03-16
nickobeano - 26 February 2008 04:58 PM

Ok, well that sounds promising… what was the name of the company you used, could you suggest anyone?

hi nickobeano!
Have you already figured out how you will take your stuff to Spain?? Im in a very similar situation!!
Cheers!