Ok, strange question, maybe. But this needs to be settled once and for all!!!
Posted: 28 February 2008 04:55 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2007-06-08

How is it that, at airports it is so extremely difficult to find a clock?
I mean, THE place where the time is important would be an airport.

I?ve been looking at this for some time now, and in every airport i?ve been to, the same thing.

Mind, you do find some clocks in shops etc. But no “official” ones, like you have on a train station.

How weird is this…

Posted: 28 February 2008 10:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Why is it that this rings so true to me too? Why or why can’t we have more clocks at the airports???

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 29 February 2008 07:08 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

sorry lads but there is clocks all over the airports but not like train station any more (Grand Central clock NYC ) all clocks in Airport work off kat5 clables wich are all time to GMT time . so you airport add to GMT time by +1 hour for CET(UCT)  , but where is this time and displayed on the Arrivals and Departures Flight Information Screens wich you told to watch . as most airport dont PA(public address ) the Flight Infomation any more , now adays with more people have Mobile Phones the time is there beside you ... its not bad ideal off have few big clocks in airports

so “Why or why can?t we have more clocks at the airports???” The Expatriator just got smaller on the vdu screens

Posted: 29 February 2008 12:39 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2007-06-08
jurdyr - 29 February 2008 07:08 AM

sorry lads but there is clocks all over the airports but not like train station any more (Grand Central clock NYC ) all clocks in Airport work off kat5 clables wich are all time to GMT time . so you airport add to GMT time by +1 hour for CET(UCT)  , but where is this time and displayed on the Arrivals and Departures Flight Information Screens wich you told to watch . as most airport dont PA(public address ) the Flight Infomation any more , now adays with more people have Mobile Phones the time is there beside you ... its not bad ideal off have few big clocks in airports

so “Why or why can?t we have more clocks at the airports???” The Expatriator just got smaller on the vdu screens

Granted… but, as my phone is acussed of being responsible for various major accidents, I turn the thing of some time before i board…

And i must say that those screens with the departure info, don?t give the actual time.

What does the type of network cable they use have to do with this? And GMT for that matter. I?m not in london am I?

Call me old fashioned, but I want my big, visible clocks!!!!