Living in Sevilla
Posted: 29 February 2008 10:10 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-29

Hi all,

Myself and a mate (both 22), tired of the cold commute in England, are moving to Sevilla at the end of March.
Got most things sorted, doing a TEFL course then hopefully getting work through that.

What i am unsure about is finding somewhere to live. Plan is to stay in a hostel for first couple of weeks and see where we want to be etc. I’ve seen plenty of decent appartments to rent on loquo and tucasa.com, prices OK too. But do you need some way of guaranteeing that you can fulfil the contract?? (I lived in France for a year as a student and this was a nightmare). Obviously if we’re teaching cash-in-hand or self-employed we won’t have a work contract or anything. Any info on this would be much appreciated!!

Cheers
Tom

Posted: 29 February 2008 10:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

there,s a post that i have found on moving to Sevilla http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewthread/2145/

As your mate and you are 20s you love it there , it a great place , you will have just missed Easter Holy Week processions , Its some week there

its a very lively place there (night time) as father jack uesd to say “Drink!”, “Feck!”, “Arse!” and “Girls!”,

nite life
Seville is great for going out due to the huge variety of venues in a small area. You can easily visit four or five completely different bars without walking more than ten minutes between any of them. The main areas are: Alfalfa, where P?rez Gald?s gets so packed with people on Friday and Saturday nights that cars can’t drive down it; Alameda, which has a more alternative scene, with lots of gay bars and clubs; and calle Betis by the river in Triana, which is wall-to-wall with venues, from quiet bars to all-night clubs.

In the summer, when the temperature is still in the 30s at night, there’s a big bar scene along the river, on Calle Betis in Triana and Arjona and Torneo on the other side, as well as outdoor bars in the some of the parks. Clubbing moves to the Isla de la Cartuja, where young people throng the many seasonal outdoor venues. A cubano (double measure of spirit with mixer) will normally set you back between 4 and 5 euros, while a small glass of beer (cana) is about 1 euro. Red wine (tinto) is reliable, often Rioja, and costs about 1.50 to 2 euros a glass, while the white (blanco) is usually sweet and not to English taste.

Friday and Saturday nights are the big ones, with people generally venturing out at about 11 or 12pm and staying out till 5am or later.

http://www.andalucia.com/cities/sevilla.htm

jurdy