Spanish lad killed in horrific Alfaz accident by Brits
Posted: 31 March 2008 05:02 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2008-03-08

I’ve not seen anything about this on the forum yet, so forgive me if I am duplicating….
For those of you that haven’t heard…. a 17 yr old Spanish lad was killed by 2 Brits in a horrific accident last week.
He’d been hit off his scooter by a car and was lying in the road when the Brits ran over him (so the accident itself wasn’t their fault). But they didn’t stop… instead drove on (possibly not wanting to stop, drunk, no insurance…your guess is as good as mine)... and so they drove on, with his body trapped under the car, for 2km.
They then pulled over, retrieved what was left of him from under the car, and left him by the side of the road, and drove off again.

He was discovered by a woman walking her dog, who called an ambulance (apparently he was still showing signs of life when she found him), but he then died at the scene.  I’m sure you’ll agree, a horrific way to die.

They caught the Brits concerned, as luckily Alfaz del Pi has installed some cameras at the roundabout which is also on the CV70, and they managed to trace the couple concerned thru the car registration.  They were reported as saying they thought they had run over a dog…... although how they can justify it when they stopped and pulled him out from under the car I just don’t know.

I have no words for this couple.  They are currently in Alicante jail, with I would imagine, little hope of getting away with it.  what could have been a drink drive or no insurance fine has turned into a reckless homicide charge for them (plus a number of other offences as well…. leaving the scene, not calling the emergency services etc etc…..)

As you can imagine they have done nothing for the Anglo Spanish relations in Alfaz, and I only hope that the Spanish do not tar us all withthe same brush.  There is possible talk of something being organised in the area to help resintall their faith in us a little…. I will let you know more when I hear concrete plans.

Signature 

http://www.spanishtownhouseforsale.piczo.com

Posted: 31 March 2008 10:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

A British couple resident in Polop were arrested in connection with his death, and were remanded to custody by a court in Benidorm last Thursday. The local press reported at the time that they were trying to change the registration plates on their car when they were arrested by police and, according to information from EFE carried by La Verdad newspaper this Sunday they originally told the Civil Guard that they thought they had hit a dog and were dragging the animal behind the car. The paper said they later admitted what happened in court, and said they had panicked.

The Town Hall in Alfaz del Pi have said they will bring their own charges in the case against the two suspects.
up date on whats happen
jurdy