salary taxes
Posted: 11 April 2008 04:03 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-04-11

hello everybody, I’m new on this forum. I have some questions for who can help me. I’m romanian and I have to move in Spain to work there. I have to take a resident visa first. And I need to know what taxes I have to pay from my salary, I mean which is the difference between my net and raw one? I’d like to know also, how is life in Madrid: food, house rent, house bills… Which salary do I have to have in order to can survive there? Thanks

Posted: 11 April 2008 05:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

Hi Alina,

I’m no expert on the tax question but i think you have to earn more than 12,000 (not too sure about the exact amount) before you are liable to pay tax. For a very rough estimate 25-30% of your gross salary goes to pay taxes and social security and the remaining 70-75% goes into your pocket. The cost of renting in Madrid can vary a lot, i think if you want to live on your own then the cheapest rental will be about 600 euro per month for a studio apartment in the city centre. Further out of the centre will be considerably cheaper. If you rent a room (shared apartment) you will pay perhaps 300 euro per month. In either case you will have to pay bills on top.

I hope this helps, i live in Madrid so if you need any help please drop me a note, i can even put you in touch with a Romanian girl i know if you wish.

Good luck,
Ranpal

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com