Moving to Costa Del Sol with baby, any advice?
Posted: 20 September 2006 03:30 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-09-20

Hi all
Im new here, hope you dont mind me joining you.
My family and I are relocating to Spain and I wondered if anyone has any advice regarding our youngest son who’s 4 months old. Such as, is there a health visitor as such? Do I find a private medical centre and register there? Do I take out a plan such as Sanitas? HELP PLEASE…......

Many Thanks

Posted: 20 September 2006 11:01 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Well your first best thing to do would be to check out our info on Doctors in Spain and health insurance in Spain. I would imagine that having a baby would entail a greatly increased concern for your health care coverage. Technically you should have public health care for free (you’ll have to empadronarse), but you may want to pick up some insurance to cover all the little things (and the big things in case).

Sanitas is good as I’ve heard.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 December 2006 03:08 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-26

Hi Jane
I checked the website you have suggested but it is about moving to France and not Spain.
Is this the correct url?

Posted: 08 December 2006 04:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

It would appear not to be so. I believe Jane may have been promoting her site(s) a bit wrecklessly for a while in Sept…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.