Immigrant Return Policy
Posted: 05 July 2008 06:10 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Spain’s Deputy Prime Minister defended the Governments decision to provide incentives to foreigners to return to there home countries.

The plan allows unemployed immigrants who want to leave Spain to receive their jobless benefit’s in a lump sum on returning to there original country.

She stated the plan which was launched by the Labour and Immigration Minister Celestino Corbacho, made sense and addressed the need for a “Legal and Orderly” immigration policy.

The deputy noted that unemployment was rising and that “its clear we are not going to be able to employ the same number of people as when more than 2 million jobs were created, and that means we are going to hire fewer immigrants”.

Spain`s unemployment level grew in June, for the third consecutive month, with 36,849 people added to the jobless rolls, and 2.39 Million workers now without jobs.

Joblessness has increased by 21.6% since June 2007.

Job losses were registered in all sectors, but the construction industry led the way, with 21,080, followed by services, with 4,555 and agriculture, with 3,338, all industries that employ high numbers of Immigrants.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 05 July 2008 07:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

there no building gone on any more due the fall in new buys and with the incress in the EBU rate to 4.25 see the spanish banks incress there rates again soon

Posted: 05 July 2008 09:41 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

There seems to be a feeling from the govt that immigrants have served there purpose, know its time to leave.

This mainly concerns South Americans who arrived and filled the construction industry and service sector.

A friend of mine has been made unemployed twice in 3 months, he`s from Argentina and works as a waiter.

In Argentina he was in Finance, but because of his nationality he hasn`t been offered any jobs beyond poorly paid manual work.

Suspect if he can he`ll probably end up returning, at least if he and is family are goin to struggle they may as well have their family near.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 05 July 2008 11:08 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

not just happen in spain , but all over , its going on but seen in ireland and the uk aswell
jurdy

Posted: 24 July 2008 07:33 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-22

this government’s treatment of immigrants has been even worse than the PP’s before them, and this is now the epitome: just trying to get rid of us altogether! it’s very sad for those of us here, because the PSOE seemed like it was much more caring and concerned about immigrants in general (it fakely blabs on and on that it’s going to let immigrants vote, but that’ll be the day, lemme tell ya)

in the end, it has just gone with the flow, and added insult to injury in most cases, to show that it is as anti-immigrant as the PP.  the situation is bleak with some queues to get necessary papers lasting THREE DAYS (!!!!) and the people sleeping on top of cardboard boxes to get their turn (did i mention that that queue is for people from EU countries?!) ...even the most upstanding, perfect citizens who have been fully employed, paid all their taxes, never committed a crime and are fully integrated and have spanish families are treated like human garbage by the current administration, which won’t even treat them with the most basic of common decency when it comes time to do any required paperwork.

i can see not devoting the same amount of resources to the immigration line as to the tax line or the pension line for local senior citizens, but i wouldn’t treat a dog the way we get treated by the Ministerio del Interior… no, i take that back, i wouldn’t even treat a filthy rat that way!

so, this measure can simply be summarized as a way to exterminate us altogether, since the days, weeks and months of queuing up in the 40-degree sun haven’t killed us off yet.