No idea where to start.
Posted: 02 August 2008 10:44 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-02

Hello. My girlfriend and I desire highly to move to Spain. We are at the young age of 20. Currently we have few ties (we live in Colorado, U.S.). We need a change of pace, and Spain seems ideal. I am not fluent in spanish, but I used to be when I was younger (I’m 50% Puerto Rican, with Spanish roots). My question is, how can we begin to prepare for a move to Spain in a year or two? I definitely will work on my Spanish, but other than that, we haven’t the slightest clue. She’s thinking about becoming a nanny, is there much opportunity for childcare? I don’t specialize in anything, I’ve completed 2 years of college without aim. How hard and expensive would it be for someone like me to open, say, a bar? The cost might not be as important as the experience necessary (I have a very supportive upper middle class mother 😊). Please, any advice would be much appreciated. We are tired of this country and its government, and would absolutely love to spend our years in beautiful Spain. Plus my grandparents do no speak english, and it would be nice to be able to hold a conversation with them.

Posted: 02 August 2008 11:58 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Without sounding to negative or rude.

If you need to ask how to move, I`d really consider staying in the USA.

Not only you, but any person who wants to move abroad and cannot at the least organise the basics without help, will simple be way over there heads in a country where even the basic`s will be alien, not least the language.

To get you started you should look on the net regarding Spain`s current policy of removing immigrants, mainly those from Spanish speaking South American countries.

Its reported around 100,000 are about to take up Spains generous financial help package, Spain no longer wants to welcome immigrants into her country.

Since the fall of the construction industry and the huge numbers of EU/non EU immigration, high inflation and rising unemployment, she cannot afford to keep the country afloat.

Most Spaniards treat South Americans the same as they treat there donkeys.

This I know from Argentinian friends, in the 7 years he`s been in Spain, the best job he could get was a waiter, banks don`t want to know him, in the last year he`s been unemployed 3 times, currently he`s been lookin for work for around 4 months.

There considering moving back to Buenos Aires.

If you got around 100,000 Euro`s liquid asset to invest, we currently lookin for investers in a Hotel in Southern Spain, if your interested. :coolhmm:

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 03 August 2008 03:07 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-02

PM with more information on the hotel.

Posted: 03 August 2008 03:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23
Swashbuckler - 03 August 2008 03:07 AM

PM with more information on the hotel.

You can read it here.

http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewthread/3412/P0/

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”