Please help
Posted: 13 August 2008 02:55 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-08-13

Can somebody help please,  i have been living ilegal in holland for the past 4 years now lucky to me i meet a girl of my life . du to dutch law we cann,t marry in holland so we are planning to move to spain and get married there maybe come back after everything is done . All i want to know is how long can it take us to marry? which city is the best for us ? how fast can it go? my girl friend is dutch.what is the most things we need to get married over there.  i will be kindly happy if anyone help me.
Thanks

Posted: 20 August 2008 05:21 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

Why Spain?  If you just want to get married anywhere outside the Netherlands, why not just go to a neighbouring country like Belgium or the UK? All the EU countries have slightly different rules and the time it takes varies, so if I was you I’d research the easiest and quickest place. I’m not an expert, but I bet it won’t be Spain.  But if you’re illegal, you might need to take the girl of your dreams back to your place of origin, marry her there and then come back to Europe.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 26 August 2008 05:06 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-08-10

English does not seem to be the OP’s first language, and if there are problems with marriage then perhaps his nationality is non-EU so all sorts of complications could arise . If you are still using these boards why not ask your embassy-not all are helpful but it is meant to be their job to advise their citizens, and they would probably know of any problems due to your nationality.