Taxes for Swiss living on Swiss pension in Spain
Posted: 18 August 2008 07:36 AM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2008-04-01

This is following the thread ?Residency Certificates for EU residents - Page 7? where Stravinsky did write that I would have to pay taxes in Spain. I am a Swiss citizen NOT having any income in Spain and do receive two pensions (social security and a state pension from my city), from which taxes are deducted at the source.  During the years (1997-2006, as a legal resident with tarjeta de residencia) I never had to pay additional taxes in Spain. Currently I am in the Philippines, but I will come back to Spain with my family in only one week! I intend to have residence in Spain. It could be that something has changed. I have a rather high income for Spain. Paying my taxes in Spain would probably not be of advantage for me. I know about the double taxation agreements between Spain and Switzerland, but I can not have access to the relevant sites because the Philippine Internet seam to block access to all this kind of information. If there is a Swiss national around, living on pension in Spain (there must be??) I would be thankful for any infos.
Eva33

Posted: 05 September 2008 12:40 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2008-04-01

More info about taxes.

Yesterday I did visit a lawyer in Alicante. I did explain, that my income consists of two state pensions. One is the Swiss State retirement money, which every Swiss is entitled to, and the other one is, also state, but from the University where I was teaching.
Taxes from the University, can only be paid in Switzerland and are deducted at the source. The state pension is not taxable. This means, if the lawyer did give the correct information, I will not have to pay any taxes in Spain. I hope so 😉