Advice on schools and jobs on the Costas
Posted: 28 September 2008 04:29 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-28

Hi

My wife, daughter and myself are looking to move to spain (costa blanca or del sol) in about 2 years time, can anyone who already lives give some opinions on the quality of spanish state schools in these areas or even compare them to our English equivalent, any other advice or comparisons whould also be greatfully recieved.

We would also like some real life opinions on the difficulty finding work and / or starting a small businness in these areas.

Thanks

Posted: 28 September 2008 08:05 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-09-28

Everyone I speak to says if the kids are young enough - get them in to a state school.
It will save you a lot of money on school fees and help the kids integrate as well.

International schools are listed here : http://www.nabss.org

Need any more help - email me .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 31 October 2008 06:02 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-13

I do agree about the schools, abut if it’s easy or not to get a job or to start a business depends.
It is far more easy if you speak at least basic Spanish. Most foreigners who fails, do not speak the language and / or has to little money for starting up.
Best regards from Costa del Sol (today Costa del Aqua),
Jonny

Signature 

Jonny Erixon

Posted: 13 November 2008 07:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-11-13

I live in Javea and my children go to the Spanish school.

I am very pleased, they love going to school each day and learning seems to be fun and pleasurable.

I have heard disappointing things about the secondary school level though so that is a concern.

Starting your own business seems the only way to go for me as finding work is very very hard - and low paid.

Mark

Signature 

Mark Eastwood of http://www.costablancauncovered.com
Useful information on living, visiting or moving to Spain.