contracted by US company to do temp work in Spain
Posted: 19 November 2008 01:58 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-11-19

Hi and thanks for this forum!

I work for a small company in the US, who has been contracted by another company that will be doing a job in Spain. I would be there for about 90 days as my part in the job, and I am totally confused as to what I need for a Visa or work permit. I don’t want to live there - we are renting a little place not far from the job.
How do I get some sort of permit?
Thank you very much for any help.

Posted: 19 November 2008 02:39 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

your from the usa you need a visa to work in The Eu , the Visa will be sorted out are sort by the company that your going to work for in spain

you will not need to hand any money over as you been contracted by another company that will be doing a job in Spain for

like me work in Usa , i would need a visa to work , one day are 90 days its the law same in EU

Posted: 19 November 2008 02:58 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-11-19

I’m not sure I understood.
Do I apply for a work visa, or does the company I work for, or does the company that hired the company I work for apply?
And I’m supposed to start work there in mid January - what about the time aspect?
Thanks

Posted: 19 November 2008 05:23 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

well let the company apply for you work visa . that company will get the paper work faster then you , do you know how long a NIE can take here , Ma?ana and long time

jurdy

sorry want to fill us in what going on , think a scam is going on here , not one this jobs you been told off , thats working in english school throught any employment agency ....
pm me if you dont want to post up names off companys

Posted: 21 November 2008 01:02 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Temp work: what kind of work are you doing for the company?

In most cases if you’re staying less than 90 days you’ll have no issues. Be a “tourist” when you land and you get 90 days. There are no benefits to getting a work visa for stays of less than 90 days.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.