Free Flights with RYAN ( well not quite)
Posted: 19 November 2008 02:06 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

Ryan Air ,with the new route from Alicante to Birmingham have free flights on offer in Jan 2009, ( May be other months havent looked in detail), Well not totally free still have to pay all the irritating booking charges etc, however two adults to BHX, return for 116? is definitely a bargain!!!

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 19 November 2008 02:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

Does that include the large amount of dosh they charge for luggage.
I found Ryan Air the most expensive airline to fly to spain with.

Posted: 19 November 2008 05:37 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

dont of get there at war with easyjet on few routes there from Alicante , and lot off seat still not booked up yet for the holidays , people holding off this Christmas due cash , and staying at home , there still few good prices on most airline

now up to hotels to bring there price down now
jurdy

mate off my airline broker so get this frist hand

Posted: 21 November 2008 08:38 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Ryanair currently has many many routes with free flights - if you are able to fly without having to check luggage in, avoid the insurance charge and dont pay for a priority booking and you check in online the final prices are a bargain I think you will find. I booked yesterday Ali - London gatwick…............have a look and see. Also internal flights within Spain.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 22 November 2008 01:53 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19
pepsi - 19 November 2008 02:13 PM

Does that include the large amount of dosh they charge for luggage.
I found Ryan Air the most expensive airline to fly to spain with.

less you bring with them less you pay to them , very airline charge a booking free , that world wide from what i know , and been told

avg flight is about 100 - 140 euros per person , UNLESS you get free offters will back in 92 the avg flight to spain was around 300 euros with IB

and now adays that fack all

jurdy

what see my tavel budget about 6,000 euros to date about 550 euros per month flights only

not including holidays

Posted: 22 November 2008 06:49 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I wrote this a short while ago - Ryanair now have a Gatwick-Alicante service with free flights (ie no fare but taxes etc) on some days

ARE THE AIR FARES CLEAR NOW?

Research and words by: Rob Innis

To make the popular low cost airlines web sites more understandable the EU legislated that they should display inclusive fares. I took a look to see how user friendly they had now become. Selecting a date at random for a one-way journey from Alicante to London Gatwick we reviewed the three big names options and prices. We also included Ryanair?s Stansted (they do not fly to Gatwick) route feeling they should not be missed out.

OCT. 13th. 2008                   MONARCH     BRITISH AIRLINES   EASYJET   RYANAIR STANSTEAD
FAREDISPLAYED                   40.00         77.00         34.99       19.99
TAXES/CHGS                       20.19     INCL.(49.71)  INCL.(7.50)  22.30
HOLD BAG                         10.49   INCL.        9.00           15.00
TOTAL EUROs                       70.68         76.71           43.99           57.29

Monarch display the basic fare and the running total costs in another display on the right side of the screen.

BA display a total cost which is less than the first price shown (?) but it includes taxes and baggage charges but on the day were the highest cost.

easyJet display a total cost of ticket and handling charges but then go into a complex menu of baggage, insurance etc which if you do not de-select it is automatically added to your final price. They were the cheapest on the day ? if you select their 00.55 departure flight from the 3 services available.

Ryanair display the fare only, which if you select, another window opens adding in the charges. Followed by lots of confusing options for priority boarding etc.

The changes have failed to make to the final price clear and it is also further complicated by a confusing range of additional charges for paying with cards, with makes no sense given that buying online provides for no other option, admittedly some cards with some airlines are not charged.

You still need to do lots of work to understand the final price and lots of comparisons depending upon your route. Take your time - if you don?t deselect a box you will end up paying for an option you don?t want!

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 22 November 2008 09:43 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

rob you right fack all be done and think we should know full cost , 1 flight 2 taxes (that what the Government taxes ) and airport taxes and charges

ie flight                       30.00 euros
  Government taxes         10.00 euros
      airport charges         15.00 euros
    travel insurance           9.99 euros

and if the airport add an Airport Development Fee is show be show aswell and not add to the airport charges

Posted: 26 November 2008 07:41 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-10-24

With Ryanair free is never free, you always have things to pay.
If you only see their list of conditions and legal items, you need a week to read that all.

But, you can find bargains if you look for them.
I got a return ticket for 30 ? all in (without luggage) and also a return ticket for 60 ? with luggage. (flights from Brussels to Spain)

Posted: 29 November 2008 12:07 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

there free seat sales going on most airlines but will add taxes airport charges and if want used bags are Check-In and if you you cash cards avg is about 30 euros - 50 euros