I need urgent help regarding re-entry into Spain!
Posted: 11 December 2008 07:11 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-12-11

Hello,
I have been living and working in Spain for one year and have re-applied for my work and residency permission, but it was declined a week ago. My boss and I have signed new contracts etc, but it could take up to 3 months to know the results.
My MASSIVE problem is that I had planned to visit friends in the US for Xmas, and now I don’t know if I can re-enter Spain, as now, I have no right to work or live here. I can try getting back as a tourist, but I don’t know if it will work, and I want to be certain.
Does anyone know if there is a document somewhere in the labyrinth of the Spanish Government that can help me return? Or should I just cancel the flight and not leave? I’m really torn up and I have one week to make a decision. Please help me!!!
Thank you,
Ainz

Posted: 12 December 2008 12:39 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Ainz, the first year I was in Spain I didn’t return home for Christmas for the same reason.

That said, there are no documents or anything else that will help you apart from an innocent appearance and a little luck. Lots of Non-EUers do this all the time. It helps if you flying into and out of a different EU country. I’ve heard that Germany and Spain are getting tighter with security lately.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.