Empadronimiento when you don’t have a lease!
Posted: 11 December 2008 02:19 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-01-14

Hello again,

I’ve recently moved to Barcelona and am staying in short term accommodation, paying 1 month rent in advance, and seeing how I go. I’m in the process of becoming autonomo and I believe I need empadronimiento to achieve this. However, I’ve been informed that I need a permanent address (i.e. proof of a lease etc) before getting my empadronimiento. Reading the forums here seems to verify this.

Can anyone advise on what I can do? My landlord is happy to write a letter saying I’ve paid a month’s rent in advance but that’s certainly any kind of lease. I already have my EX-16 residencia so I’m wondering why I need this one too. Not for us to wonder why though, eh? 😉

thanks

Posted: 14 December 2008 12:05 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-12-13

Hi Sublime1,

I had the same issue as you - living in an apartment without a contract/lease. I don’t know if this is going to be of any help to you, but to get my Empadronimiento here in BCN, I:
1) went to my local Ayuntamiento (for me in Les Corts, Barcelona) and picked up the form for Empadronamiento.
2) got my landlord to fill out the form, and photocopy his DNI and also the document that shows he owns the address in which I am living.
3) went to the Ayuntamiento with the form, the photocopies and my passport and 3 minutes later I had my Empadronamiento.

Hope that is of some help… if you have any other questions, send me a PM!
cheers

Posted: 22 January 2009 04:01 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2008-08-23

What would one do if they cannot contact the landlord? My roommate will not consider this….and I don’t know what to do.