NON EU wanting to work via UK freelance and stay longer
Posted: 21 October 2008 07:46 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-10-21

Hi!  I?m an Australian Citizen,  have been travelling in and out of mostly Spain - EU and UK for 5 months.  My dream to stay, work and live here long term - obviously no easy way to do this legally when you are non eu!  Is there any way possible?! I have a few items for any advice or feedback…

1.  Working for UK Company via Freelance?
Originally I thought I?d find a way to work legally via some sort of skilled sponsorship but doing research seems this is a long road of documentation etc and work hard to come by etc.  Ive been lucky to come across an opportunity to freelance for a UK company with a remote office in Madrid.  All great, but my 90 days is about to expire, is there a way I can stay longer than the 90 days without being illegal if I am under freelance to UK company?

If the UK company sponsored me would I be able to stay within Spain under EU rights?

2). 90 Day Passport Control
Have been stamped in and out of Barcelona 4 times, and travelled in and out of UK (London, Ireland), EU (Finland, Holland, Germany)and NON EU (Croatia).  My passport has so many stamps all over the place so I?m wandering if I left over the 90 days would they really would go through with a fine tooth comb and work out my time in and out of the EU?  I?ve only ever seen them open it, stamp it and let me through with no scrutiny.  Any feedback on this?

3) If I want to apply for the Shengen Visa tourist extension for 90 days can I do this whilst I?m in Spain or do I need to leave back to Oz and apply via spanish consulate there?

Much appreciated!

Posted: 15 December 2008 05:49 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-12-04

You do not tell us which are these special skills that may facilitate sponsorship procedure.

Second, when you enter for the first time in a forum, you introduce yourself in the “Introductions” forum so we can say hello to you, and THEN you post freely here. Regards