Los Arqueros or La Quinta Resorts, Costa del Sol
Posted: 15 September 2011 12:05 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2011-09-15

Hi Everyone,

My first post & I am sure everyone will be kind & helpful !

My partner & I are considering living in Spain for a few years & the above resorts seem very appealing.

So, I would greatly appreciate honest feedback from anyone living there or who is familiar with the resorts.

Many thanks,

Andrea

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:31 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

There busy in summer, traffic horrendous. Deserted in winter, traffic still weirdly horrendous.

Personally resorts are great for breaks/second holiday homes, but to live, nope. You’ll have to contend with holidays makers who don’t care their drunk, loud, gobby and generally having fun without fear of upsetting you, after all there leaving soon and couldn’t give a toss.

Both resorts are nice and well run, clean and generally tidy, tends to be the people visiting that can be an issue, think Blackpool in the sun for peeps who like others to think they got money, there lack of class tends to let them down, they may be able to afford a round of golf, but really should not wear socks with sandals.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 03 November 2011 07:13 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Andrea,
I’m afraid I have to echo Santi’s response.  Most larger/well known resorts (I will not call them all Urbanizations, as this implies a year round community 😉  will be as Santi says…. busy and packed in the summer (Never buy an apartment near the community pool - big mistake. I didn’t get any sleep for a whole summer in the apt my previous employer put me in and I was working on a 14hr day schedule!)  There are some nice resorts/Urbs, but pick wisely.  (Only for an Eg - Los Jardines de Santa Maria - very well kept etc. Bit busy around the pool in the summer, but ‘generally’ seems Ok in and out of season. PM me for more info if you like as I work for a property management co and know most of the Urbs along the Costa del Sol.) 
Sadly many ‘nice’ (looking at least) Urb’s are lacking money (no one wants to pay the community fees, so it all soon runs down - in some cases the pool is not even up and running!)...  Eg Calanova (just inland from La Cala de Mijas.) This is a sad but true situation!

Buy/rent wisely….
But do go ahead as it is a great place to live in Spain!

Alharuin el Grande Golf is not too bad. But very quiet! (Depends on what you are looking for 😉

Posted: 06 November 2011 04:10 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2011-09-15

We recently visited Los Arqueros/La Quinta & found both a bit dated/busy & not very scenic.

Thanks for feedback,

Andrea

susanspain - 03 November 2011 07:13 AM

Hi Andrea,
I’m afraid I have to echo Santi’s response.  Most larger/well known resorts (I will not call them all Urbanizations, as this implies a year round community 😉  will be as Santi says…. busy and packed in the summer (Never buy an apartment near the community pool - big mistake. I didn’t get any sleep for a whole summer in the apt my previous employer put me in and I was working on a 14hr day schedule!)  There are some nice resorts/Urbs, but pick wisely.  (Only for an Eg - Los Jardines de Santa Maria - very well kept etc. Bit busy around the pool in the summer, but ‘generally’ seems Ok in and out of season. PM me for more info if you like as I work for a property management co and know most of the Urbs along the Costa del Sol.) 
Sadly many ‘nice’ (looking at least) Urb’s are lacking money (no one wants to pay the community fees, so it all soon runs down - in some cases the pool is not even up and running!)...  Eg Calanova (just inland from La Cala de Mijas.) This is a sad but true situation!

Buy/rent wisely….
But do go ahead as it is a great place to live in Spain!

Alharuin el Grande Golf is not too bad. But very quiet! (Depends on what you are looking for 😉

Posted: 06 November 2011 04:23 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

‘!Denada!’