Hello eveyone!
Posted: 12 October 2011 10:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-10-12

My name is Robert and I am a new member.

I am not currently an ex-pat living in Spain, however I am looking to possibly move to Spain to work as an English teacher sometime in the next two years.

I am a dual citizen (Canadian and Polish); born and raised in Canada. I spent 8 years working as an English teacher in Poland (mostly in Warsaw) between 1994 and 2002, after which I moved back to Canada with my wife and child.

Before teaching in Poland I did a 6-week TEFL course in Toronto (20 hours per week). I have taught English at all levels from beginner to proficiency, mostly to teenagers and adults, both in a semi-private secondary school and at various private language schools.

My Spanish is extremely rudimentary right now, but I plan to take courses at the University of Toronto starting in the new year.

In terms of locations, it doesn’t have to be Madrid or Barcelona, but I would prefer to work in nothing smaller than a medium-sized city.

Any advice about what my job prospects are and how I should go about finding a teaching job in Spain would be much appreciated.