Posted: 15 October 2011 11:10 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-10-13

Hi
I am a US citizen
I plan to live in Spain 1 year +/-
I do not plan to work in Spain and have adequate funds to support myself for the time so I plan to apply for the Non-Lucrative Visa.

My questions:
1) The application asks for my address in Spain. I don?t have an address in Spain. I plan to arrange something short-term and find a place once I am there. What is expected regarding this? I would expect most people would need to be in the country before deciding on a permanent living situation? I do have a friend living in Spain and could probably use his address although he lives in Madrid and I plan to be in Barcelona. Maybe this is not a big deal but if I say I am living with him then fly into Barcelona will this be a problem?
2) I am likely going to do some work remotely for my current employer in the US. Is this worth mentioning in the application process? I think it would maybe be better to just keep things simple and apply for the non-lucrative visa since I think my savings are adequate to get that, but is there a better option in my situation?

Thanks,

Posted: 16 October 2011 01:16 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

I am a US citizen
I plan to live in Spain 1 year +/-
I do not plan to work in Spain and have adequate funds to support myself for the time so I plan to apply for the Non-Lucrative Visa.

My questions:
1) The application asks for my address in Spain. I don?t have an address in Spain. I plan to arrange something short-term and find a place once I am there. What is expected regarding this? I would expect most people would need to be in the country before deciding on a permanent living situation? I do have a friend living in Spain and could probably use his address although he lives in Madrid and I plan to be in Barcelona. Maybe this is not a big deal but if I say I am living with him then fly into Barcelona will this be a problem?

i do not think it is required to fill in this information, since you are not a resident of spain, what exactly is the question in the form?

2) I am likely going to do some work remotely for my current employer in the US. Is this worth mentioning in the application process? I think it would maybe be better to just keep things simple and apply for the non-lucrative visa since I think my savings are adequate to get that, but is there a better option in my situation?

no lucrative visa means you depend on funds to live on. so better stick to it.

‹‹ Men only sex bar      Gay Marriage in Spain? ››