Hello, American looking for Visa de Jubilados
Posted: 26 October 2011 07:32 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-10-25

Hi Everyone
Have browsed a little here and hope to find someone who has obtained the Visa de Jubilados (retirement visa). The process is very cut and dry on paper but I"m sure we ALL KNOW BETTER THAN THAT!! 😊

A little history of me, I lived in Rota, Spain for 7 years, married a local, bought an apartment and had a son. We sold the apartment, moved to the states and the marriage fell apart and we divorced, that was 15 years ago. I am retired military and can fly to Spain free, space available, so my ability to come and go is there. I traveled to Spain every year to drop our son so he could spend his summers in Spain. I would travel back to get him at the end and he lived in the states with me the rest of the year for school. My desire now that I’m almost retired again, is to obtain the retirement visa, buy an apartment and spend 8-10 months of the year in Rota with the family and the rest of the year in the States. The problem is I can find no one who has actually LIVED the process of getting this Visa.
I know just about everything there is to know on paper. But, now I’m looking for someone who has been there got that!!  My expat friends in Rota all are married to locals so they did not go this route.

Any help would be great!