Work Visa? Help, Please.
Posted: 26 November 2011 12:34 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-11-26

Hello,
I am 18 years old and a US citizen.
Next week I will receive my certificate to become a certified Yoga Teacher.
I am then leaving to Costa Rica to spend Christmas with my Family who is from there, however I don’t have citizenship there as I was born in California.
I’ve been in Canada doing yoga teacher training.

I desperately want to live in Spain.
From what I have read online, many people seem to think the best way to do it is illegally but I do not feel comfortable doing so.
I want to be able to go there and stay there, legally and work there legally teaching. I would hope to eventually perhaps find a job as a teacher but until then would have no problem finding my students myself and having my own little yoga business.
I want to be able to legally live and work in Spain.
From what I hear it is pretty much impossible to obtain work visas. Is this true?

I would like some advice on what would be the best way to approach this for me.
My dad has offered to send me for two months to study spanish at La Janda, a wonderful school I’ve studied with a couple of years ago but only for two weeks. I would love this opportunity and would find it very valuable in that i’d be able to learn spanish and live in a beautiful place for two months. However, maybe it would be best for me to live in the US for a few months getting work experience, as I am legally allowed to work, while getting together an application. That way I can spend my time working while I wait for the application process to finish. I have been told that I won’t be able to apply while I am in Costa Rica? or while I am in Spain?
because I think maybe a nice thing to do would be to just apply for the visa, then spend the two months in Spain studying with the school, which is legal as I can stay there for up to three months that way.. and then return to the US until I get the Visa and wait for the Visa so that I can go back!
Is this a plausible plan? In this hope I would hope that I could just apply from Costa Rica and travel to Spain straight from there.
But will I need to go to the US first before going to Spain? I just feel like this is a lot of back and forth..
I am getting a little tired of going all over the place, So I want to be able to spend some significant time in Spain with the hope of one day gaining Citizenship.

Any help/information/advice would be much appreciated!!