where do I go?
Posted: 28 February 2012 01:10 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-28

Firstly, accolades to tumbit and all the posters on the ?where do I go?? thread - all replies - fantastic.  I am new & nervous but coming from a hot climate, would like some feedback from expats who live in a ?year round warm climate?, ie 20C.  Definitely a place that won?t give me chilblains - never experienced since childhood so hope that?s the correct spelling.  Thanks again for all info - and everyone replies on the site!! ?purrfect?

Posted: 28 February 2012 01:37 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

you like are weather here but we do get 30- 40 in summer time aswell but what part you going to head for ... where you from ?
jurdy

Posted: 28 February 2012 06:33 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-12-04

Hi ghazal.
Most of mainland Spain has cold weather at some time during the winter months, but temperatures in winter are usually higher in the South (unless you live up a mountain). Temperatures can also be extreme - over 40c in summer to minus 10c in winter, particularly in some inland areas.
If you are looking for all year round temperatures of around 20c, you would be more likely to find these on the Canary Islands, rather than on mainland Spain.

Posted: 12 March 2012 04:44 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-12-29

Thank you for answering my post - I thought I would be inundated with replies saying ‘my area is best’.
ghaza - did you mean to say something?as there is only my post showing
jurdyr - mostly lived 10degrees from the equator with year round temps [30-32] & slightly less o/nite.  Now further away & a bit lower.  IMO days @ 30 are purrfect!  To date I have only been warned of areas of extremes, eg Morello!!
zania - yes I considered Canaries where we’ve been a few times [always in Feb], but the mainland is better for UK visits. It’s probably south as you say, but what about the ‘hot coast’?
I was hoping to be told of a spot a bit inland, not tourist area, that is mild[er] than other places, o/night!
Thanks again.  purrfect