Work Visa Help Please!!
Posted: 03 June 2013 08:10 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-06-03

Hey,

New member here, hoping you could help me out a bit.

I just graduated law school and have been offered a job at a spanish law firm in Madrid.  It basically now is up to the grueling visa process whether or not the job works out.  I just have a few questions.

When getting documents certified with the apostllle, does it need to be the original document or does it need to be translated into spanish first before going to the consulate in the US for the application?  I have been looking around the web and I guess I’m missing something.  I think I only need my background check and medical certificate left to wrap up before applying.

Any generally information would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: 14 June 2013 11:25 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30
amille26 - 03 June 2013 08:10 AM

When getting documents certified with the apostllle, does it need to be the original document or does it need to be translated into spanish first before going to the consulate in the US for the application?  I have been looking around the web and I guess I’m missing something.  I think I only need my background check and medical certificate left to wrap up before applying.

it can be the original or they can be certified true copies of the original, when it comes to school or professional licences. in case of police record and medical certificate they should be originals since they got expiry dates. they can be translated by certified translators before or after the apostille, i guess it is better to have the official translations attached before the apostille