Urgent advice needed
Posted: 22 September 2007 01:54 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-09-21

Hi, first off let me say that this a great site.  I find it very helpful.  So thank you.

My story:  I am an ISraeli living in NY (Legally). This summer,  I fell in love with a girl living in Barcelona.  I spent a week in Spain on the 5th of September, and I am now back in NYC.  I am planning to return to Barcelona in the next month and stay there for a year.

Here are my question:

Since I already left Barcelona is my 90 days entry pass still active?  In other words, if I return today, do I still have another 2 months left to be legal?

What are the risks of staying a few months past my legal time?  would I be able to visit ISrael/NY and return to spain later?

If I enroll in a year-long spanish class, can I obtain a student visa?  Will it take long to obtain it? Can I obtain it once I am there?

It is really important for me to return, so I would appreciate your advice?

Thanks,
Roi

Posted: 02 October 2007 01:20 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-04-14

No one seems to have problems traveling back and forth between the US and Spain, even while exceeding the 90 out of 180 limit. No guarantees however on the re-entry to spain. For me, no one even glanced at my passport stamps, just the photo and name and then I was stamped thru passport control. I spent a total of 195 days out of 270 in spain with no problems on any of the three return trips…

Check with a university in order to obtain a student visa. you have to show financial independence, something like 3000 euros per month for the total time of the visa, or something like that. The spanish embassy website has more information for things like that.

Signature 

What was I doing? Oh yeah, now I remember…

😊-