Elche and surrounding areas - info please!
Posted: 03 October 2007 11:21 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-07-25

Hi,

Can anyone advise…....my family and i (2 daughters age 2 & 5) are currently looking to move to the Elche area but have recently heard that you have to be carefull with some parts of Elche as they are dumping the Villas that have been built illegally, even if they have been there for a few years !! as such I understand that the surrounding areas are better like Crevillente, Albatera, Matola, Realengo etc.

Has anyone out there got any useful pointers for these areas and can also advise if what I have heard is true.

I am also keen to hear if anyone lives in these areas and knows of the local schools etc.

Any information appreciated!

Corrina

Signature 

Corrina Tomlinson 😊

Posted: 03 October 2007 11:48 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-04-14

I lived in Aspe (about 8 km nw of Elche) for 1 year. Elche is quite large in area and therefore there are a lot of zones that are good, and others not so good. In general I did not like the drivers, nor most of the people. It seems they’re stuck in a time warp and are content to “just live”. Elche is lacking on the things that makes Spain, Spain (just my personal opinion). There are many areas that are being built up around Elche, like Crevillente, Hondon de Las Nieves, Aspe, Novelda, La Romana, Monforte del Cid etc. I would personally never purchase a newly constructed property again in Spain because of the lack of commitment by the builder on returning to correct deficiencies after signing at the gestoria. I mean, that is the whole purpose of buying a new property, right? Crevillente, well, I would give that a long considerable thought before moving there. Has an “interesting” element about it.

My advise is to find a good gestoria that can research the legality of the property in question. A Spanish bank will not knowingly loan money on an illegal property, but buyer beware before giving “the signal”, or deposit. I’ve heard that a building site in Monforte del Cid was shut down because they paid a “commission” to a city official that was not quite legal. Most of the problems in the area with illegal buildings was along the coastline from Guardamar de la Segura towards Torrevieja.

Don’t have kids so I can’t help you with schools, but on http://www.thinkspain.com they had an excellent article a while back on the schools (for english speakers) that was pretty informative.

Good Luck

Signature 

What was I doing? Oh yeah, now I remember…

😊-

Posted: 07 October 2007 06:26 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-07-25

Thanks for the posting and the information, not to mention the website tip - very useful.

Signature 

Corrina Tomlinson 😊

Posted: 19 October 2007 07:01 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-10-11

hello there…i too have been looking in to elche recently. i spotted a 2 bedroom villa that has been built for over 12 years now. Do you think this would be a property that never gets knocked down as its over 5 years old ? im sure i hard some where that providing it was build before a certain date then its deemed safe ?
elche seems to be a suitable place.not too far from beach, quite a few close schools ....and a main road the littlerally cuts thru the town in a perfectly straigt line ( check out google earth and view the road structure !!)
I noticed this road and how straight it was, but could not tell if they demolished houses to get it soooo straight, just hope that the place im looking at doesnt have the possibilities in the future.

The area i was looking at was la marina….where have you found info so far ?
what info have you found out ?

your help is VERY much appreciated
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

please reply to the above email addrress.
thanks 😊
good luck

Posted: 19 October 2007 09:57 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

well myself any think off moving to Elche , But finding hard to fine a room to rent
when you google flats you get all this Property companys try to sell place , just looking to rent want to try out this palce befor i put my roots down , Lucky me no kids are woman here free and single

Sick off the Cosatly rezorts full off pubs and club all try to make big momey and not paying staff good wages

dont get me wrong just looking to have a job that i like and get payed .

I been to Elche and didnt think i was going to end up living there for a while soon

jurd