19 year old, unskilled, cant speak spanish - need job!
Posted: 09 October 2007 07:53 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-10-09

Hey, is there any chance of getting a job in my situation? I have good A level grades but have no specific skills and limited work experience. I don’t know any Spanish but my parents are moving out to Spain and i need a job. Is it easy to get labour work i.e. working for an English builder out there? We’re hopefully moving to Southern Spain around the Malaga area. Thanks very much for any help or advice in advance

Posted: 09 October 2007 09:00 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2007-08-27

Easy Dude, Nice to see Someone around my age moving to spain too.

I think if your going to the malaga area….........from what i read off of website etc, I sure you’l find some form of Job, it also depends on what your willing to do for a living. Im moving over Sunday and I think i may of found myself a Job in a Bar onlooking the sea 😊

I think if you go over there with a positive attitude and Show Willingness im sure you’l find a job. The Best thing to do is Put your name about when your over there but i was asking myself and my mum (who lives there) the same questions and all my mum kept saying is….....“its Useless Worrying about finding a job if you not actually over here” lol!!

My Spanish Isnt Brilliant by any means, I can greet people, ask names etc etc basic stuff, but when im out there im going to make sure i learn the spanish!!!!  I think this would be a good idea for you to do too

Think of the many Job Prospects you will have if you know a good amount of spanish :coolsmile: “your Worlds Your Oister”

Just go over there and and Be positive!

Luke

Signature 

“The Young Ex-Pat”