The Time has come…..........!
Posted: 13 October 2007 08:56 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2007-08-27

sorry if this post may bore some of you. but, im finally moving to spain 2moz! really looking forward to it! ive been waiting about 3 months for everything to fall into place….....packing in job, selling my pride and joy etc!

i wanted to post this from england, and then finish the post of in spain 😊

now that the day has come I do admit that im a bit nervous but i was expecting that i would.

i went out last night for a final drink, and went clubbing and realised how pathetic this country is when it comes to our drinking culture (what ever you want to call it) . saw two of my mates fighting each other over a poxy drink! and then when the night finished a huge fight broke out! i really dont know what goes through peoples heads! its a real shame!! i really wont miss all of that!

Just hope i’l enjoy it on the other side :down: 😉

anyways enough of me boring you lol, and finish the post off on the other side 😜

Luke

Signature 

“The Young Ex-Pat”

Posted: 15 October 2007 07:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-27

well…....................arrived yesterday morning in Costa de Almeria, showing 28 degrees which i good enough for me!
Feels so wierd that im here now after all that time of waiting!
went out last night for a few ciders and had a roast dinner at a lovely bar onlooking the sea!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/luke1987/lukefirstdayinspain002.jpg

I just need to make sure that I dont get into the habbit of thinking im on holiday lol!

everyone heres so friendly towards me (english and spanish) feel like a real ex pat now!
its 33 degrees here :wow:

hope everyones cool!

Luke

Signature 

“The Young Ex-Pat”

Posted: 15 October 2007 07:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-27

wont let me put a pick up :(

Signature 

“The Young Ex-Pat”

Posted: 15 October 2007 09:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hmm, really? I’m pretty sure we left that setting on. Can you just use the attachments feature at the bottom of the Post Reply page?

It sounds like you’re going to start to need a blog Luke! 😊

Congrats on getting to Spain though, that’s fantastic and good luck with everything. You’re right though, be careful not to think you’re on holiday all the time. 😊

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 16 October 2007 12:10 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-27

Cheers Ex patriator, and thanks for all that advice you given me! really helped!

really wierd actually being over here now!

Signature 

“The Young Ex-Pat”

Posted: 16 October 2007 04:52 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2007-06-08

Congrats,
good to hear everything went smooth!
Let it all sink in for a week, and then realize life is exactly the same here, just different…

Cider, you tell me? Cidra!!!

Posted: 18 October 2007 08:44 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-10-18

Keep your posts coming Luke. I like that fresh attitude of yours “Through the eyes of a newbie” I’d like to see how your life in Spain works out for you.
Whether you’ll still have the wide eyed “It’s 33 degrees and I feel like I’m on holiday” attitude in a few months…..😊

Signature 

You are who you pretend to be.
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.

Posted: 03 November 2007 01:11 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2007-07-10

Congrats on your move and good luck!

..and thanks for keeping us onlookers updated

Posted: 04 November 2007 07:54 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-27

Thanks everyone for the replys!

its starting to feel like home now here. also starting to get to know people in bars etc! love the lifestyle here, feel so much better in myself being here, eating more healthy, drinking loads of water etc. cant beleive how hot it is here for october/november! other day was 31 degrees in the shade :gulp:

All i need to do now is find myself a job! have been putting my name around and handing out Cvs and stuff! so fingers crossed!

Speak to you lot soon!

Luke

Signature 

“The Young Ex-Pat”

Posted: 27 December 2007 05:05 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-12-26

Hi Luke,

Wonderful to read all your imporessions, becasue this country is really worthy to be in.
I am in love with this country and its people, their attitude to life indeed.
Currently i am searching for a marketing and sales job in BCN and in the end of January plan to be there, so if i may be of any help, you are welcome.
Stay in touch and be as positive as you are now!
Good luck!
Elena

‹‹ BRINGING MY DOG?      Forum for Mums ››