getting married abroad
Posted: 29 October 2007 10:07 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-10-29

I m a Spanish citizen and I m going to get married in the Philippines and I would like to ask several questions.

Which documents I would need in order to get married there? ( i guess certificado de solteria, certificado literal de nacimineto y certificado de nacionalidad - but since I always encounter different information I d like to be sure if the documents I mentioned are correct ).I also heard I would need a declaration of no objection ( dont know how to say it in spanish ) which would be issued from the spanish embassy in Manila and I wonder why I cant get it before I arrive to the Philippines.

Another thing is legalizing those documents: I know that i should legalize them in the ministery of foreign affair in madrid and then again in the philippine embassy in spain! But since as of the moment I dont live in Spain my question is if I can request and legalize those documents in the spanish embassy in the country I reside as of the moment. And if yes do I have to legalize them in the ministery of the foreign affair in the Philippines as well?

Also I m wondering which documents we ll need to register our marriage in the spanish embassy in the philippines and what documents my future spouse will need to apply for the spanish visa and how long she would wait for it?

I would appreciate very much if anyone could give me some answers regarding this, it would be very helpful for me!

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 29 October 2007 11:04 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

would email the spanish embassy in Manila look up the spanish embassy email address on there wedsite that know all the paper you need to have and you need to register in spain aswell for you taxes