Moved to Spain from FL months ago, all set up, got a few questions on bringing a US car from Germany?
Posted: 05 November 2007 10:11 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-11-05

I moved here months ago, and work with my father actually importing cars from the US (The entire process is really a pain in the rear).

My question is, I have heard that it is EXTREMELY difficult to register a car older than 10 years (we have 6 Mustangs; 98 GT, 99 V6, 2 ‘00 GT’s, 2 ‘01 V6, and an ‘02 Thunderbird, so my problem doesn’t apply to any of these cars). I have been searching for a late 1980s Pontiac Firebird or Camaro as in Germany they are incredibly cheap. My question is, if such car is already in German plates (or anywhere in that region of countries with such plates), will it be difficult to pass the tests for the vehicle here in Spain, and will be it be much more costly than it normally would be? Roughly what would I be looking at?

What sort of taxes am I looking at as well if the process is feasible?

Thanks for any help in advance. =)

Posted: 07 November 2007 12:58 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

AHA,,, My friend, is a citizen of US of A, and has just moved down from Germany and has imported an American car from Germany where he was stationed., he did tell me it was painful, but if you PM/or Email me with an Email address I will pass it on and ask him if he will help.

Signature 

Mike