Work Permits Questions
Posted: 23 December 2007 07:41 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-12-23

I am thinking about a future move to Spain but have some questions about the process involved.

It seems to me, from all I’ve read and researched so far, that you basically have to have a job already lined up and waiting for you in Spain before you even think of going in for your long stay Visa/ work permit….

I understand the country doesn’t want any freeloaders coming in who don’t intend to contribute and pull their own weight….

but landing a job before you even get there seems pretty impossible too !
Even if you DID get a job offer….would the employer be willing to go through all the paperwork/ headaches of waiting for me to finally get over there after waiting 6 months to a year for everything to come through!

Next….the TYPE of jobs I’m hearing about seem pretty damned limited too….English teachers, tour guides and bar workers ?!
Is that it?
Come on!

I am a 42 year old single woman with an extensive background working in the healthcare field (administrative & medical billing work)—although not fluent in Spanish yet….if I were to be, would I not be able to land a job at one of the local hospitals ? With a strong presence of fellow English-speaking ex-pats in the area I’m sure having a Spanish/ English speaking worker would be of great benefit to an employer.
I’m thinking of the Malaga area / Costa del Sol

I’d just like to get some feedback from other folks on how they got to Spain….

I find it hard to believe that EVERY single person who’s ever relocated over there has had a job waiting for them when they got there…..

So what are the alternatives if I don’t ??

I don’t want to do anything illegal, just looking for a new start for my life.

Thanks!