long term touring in a motorhome
Posted: 31 December 2007 05:25 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-31

I retired last year and decided to explore spain in my motorhome
the motor-home currently has M.O.T. Tax and insurance taken out in the Uk all expiring in March 2008

I have now been in Spain for over 6 months and am getting concerned as to the legality of my vehicle’s status
I am currently wintering untill april on a camp site at Guadamar del Sagura before continuing my journey / Holiday
? what do I need to do to legaly carry on using my M/Home in Spain for the next 12 months.
? As I frequently return to the UK to see my family (leaving the van in Spain) do i need to do anthing regarding residency Etc

any comments,sugestions will be gratfully received

regards Neville (Grampsy)

My Email address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 31 December 2007 11:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Neville,

Does that mean you’re going to stay in Spain? If so, then you probably ought to get your residence certificate, which will allow you to register your vehicle in Spain legally.

There’s a good chance of never needing to of course, ie. do they have a record of how long you’ve been in Spain for? If not then how would they prove your vehicle should have been registered locally?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 02 January 2008 11:50 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-31

Hi thanks for your reply,

I am seriously thinking about a permenant move to spain and am looking for the ideal location idealy in the Alicate area

as my van is big enough to live in I am looking for a nice plot of land not to far from the motorway/ coast or small dwelling with some land on which to park up. (any sugestions welcomed.)

no there is to my knowledge any record of when the van arived in spain

however my M.O.T expires in march, idealy I do not want to drive it back to the UK just to have it mot’d

? can I get a spanish equiv mot,

? given that I do not have a permanent residence can I still apply for residency.

Happy New Year

Regards Neville