So many questions we need some assistance - Newbies here
Posted: 13 January 2008 05:26 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-01-13

Hi there we are planning to move to Spain this year and want to get a move on with things and need some help.

We have almost filled out the NIE form but where it asks for address do we have to have a residential address in Spain?  Has anyone else come across this and not sure what to put…. as of yet we dont know of anyone in spain, I know we have to copy the NIE form out three times and have 4 passport pics…

Also can you have a NIE number in Spain whilst still have a tax number in the UK.

Also we want to take our dog over with us we know a fair bit about Pet Passport but can anyone explain in simple terms exactly what is to be done if they have done it before

Is it as simple as getting a health certificate issued by the vet authorised by the ministry in the county and the certificate must not be dated more than 15 days before we enter spain, we have to get her vaccination against rabies.  Microchipped, have her fully vaccinated.  Get a certificate declaring that the area in which we like is free from animal disease from the agriculture ministry and all of these certificates must be stamped by the spanish consulate.

Sorry hope someone can assist us with this

Any other good tips & forms that we need to sort out prior to us leaving.

Many thanks

Caz n Ian x

Posted: 14 January 2008 12:28 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

The best advice for PETS i have found is here on the Brittany Ferries site, and we found them to hve excellent on board kennels etc.

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=3352&CFID=1684299&CFTOKEN=34462637

The NIE number is essentially a Fiscal identity number in Spain,(althought it is called a foreign Identity number, everybody gets one,) which gets used on used on just about every document you get thereafter whenever you carry out a transaction, IE banking, Car buying etc. You can initially use your passport number IE for house buying, opening bank account etc, but they will expect you to provide the NIE within a few weeks.

I left it up to my Gestoria to sort out, took about 4 weeks, and didnt cost much, dont remember how much.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 14 January 2008 02:23 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

he link to the site about moving , hope you like it any more questions just ask and we try to help you out here
http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/category/C13/Moving/