Health Service
Posted: 24 February 2008 05:54 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-02-24

Im 54 and my wife is 51.We intend taking early retirement this year.My question is ,my wife is a diabetic,she takes insulan and pill for a couple of other conditions.How do we get intergrated into the spanish health service.We intend taking out private health care but i doubt it will cover exzisting conditions.If i get a part-time job and pay spanish tax will it entitle my wife to treatment.Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Posted: 01 March 2008 08:29 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I see no one else replied….......

There seems to be different rules applied between regions but in overview

Full pensioners receive Spanish National Health cover. (Transportable rights EU law)

Early retirees receive a limited amount of cover based on the years contributions they have made in their home country

Work in the system (good luck!) on a legal contract basis and you will get cover for your wife as well.

Be self employed and pay autonomo

Take out private health cover - investigate the types of cover some will take you.

The Valencia region is supposed to take everyone (well EU anyway) but some towns try and bounce you.

You will need a Spanish social security number to get a SIPS card - this gets you into the national health system.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 02 March 2008 01:04 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-02-24

thanks rob