Driving to Spain
Posted: 24 March 2008 06:43 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-12-08

Hi,
At the moment my plan is for me and a mate to drive a ‘sprinter’ type van to Spain from the ferry at Bilbao to the Torrevieja area in May/June. Have you driven this route and would you give me an idea of the journey. I don’t mind admitting that I don’t like hieghts, etc. so the thought of sheer drops won’t make the journey seem any better but I need to know. Is the road good, are there places to stop, etc, is the road full of tolls? Any help on the above and anything else I should do/not do would help.
Cheers AL

Posted: 25 March 2008 02:28 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

The Roads from Bilbao and Santander of very good, mostly motorway, the only tolls I remember ( i havent driven it for about two years) was the ring road around Madrid,

Use the Via michelin routefinder service as this will give you an excellent service, in fact I have just checked the route and it is Motorway virtually all the way, and the tolls are stated as 21?.

http://www.viamichelin.es/viamichelin/esp/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?ie=utf-8&reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=844&strStartAddress;=&strStartMerged=bilbao&strDestCityCountry=844&strDestAddress;=&strDestMerged=torrevieja&image2;.x=44&image2;.y=6

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 25 March 2008 03:36 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-12-08

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time out to reply,
Cheers AL

Posted: 25 March 2008 09:19 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

well i would down load google earth and you can do you rote via them and i go to Zaragoza AP 68 then AP 15 at Zaragoza you need to take A- 23 to Saqunto around Valencia on the VC 35 an on to AP - 7 to Alicante buy pass it to Elche and then you only 20 mins to Torrevieja

jurdy