cost of removals
Posted: 24 March 2008 10:38 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2008-03-23

Hi, does anyone have an idea as to how much it would cost to move the entire contents of a three bedroomed house to southern spain, looking into costs and companies etc, any help/advice etc most welcome thanks Donna

Posted: 01 April 2008 04:20 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-13

Hi,
It is many factors who matters for the price, take a look here:
Cost factors

But check with several removal companies, both from your country and from the destination. The price is also very much depending if they are empty in one direction. In 1995 I moved from southern Sweden to ?re in the north and got the removals for less than half price with a ?re remover, just because they otherwise had to go empty back to their northern home town.

Best regards from a sunny Costa del Sol,

Signature 

Jonny Erixon

Posted: 01 April 2008 08:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

thanks so much and hi from a sunny england ( at the moment ) lol, Donna

Posted: 01 April 2008 08:45 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Hi Donna,

May I suggest you ask yourself another question (unless you have been there got the T shirt….....)

Do you really want to move everything over here ?? Many people have in fact began their life in Spain either in furnished rentals or if they are buying maybe the builder sells it furnished or you buy a ‘furniture package’ very reasonably priced solutions to furnishing a new home.

Then everything is brand spanking new, Spanish and guaranteed!

As against the stress and agro and then it arrives (hopefully) but maybe damaged with the wrong plugs and who do you get to fix it….?

Just a thought (but based on experience)

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 02 April 2008 12:09 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-23
ROBI - 01 April 2008 08:45 PM

Hi Donna,

May I suggest you ask yourself another question (unless you have been there got the T shirt….....)

Do you really want to move everything over here ?? Many people have in fact began their life in Spain either in furnished rentals or if they are buying maybe the builder sells it furnished or you buy a ‘furniture package’ very reasonably priced solutions to furnishing a new home.

Then everything is brand spanking new, Spanish and guaranteed!

As against the stress and agro and then it arrives (hopefully) but maybe damaged with the wrong plugs and who do you get to fix it….?

Just a thought (but based on experience)

hi thanks i know what you are saying but some things you want to take with you, i will not be bringing the whole house but after twenty years some things mean more and from my point of view it may make things easier to settle into with my familiar things around me, Donna