RENEWAL OF PEDRANOMINTO
Posted: 21 April 2008 08:05 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-04-21

Dear ALL,

Thank you very much for your kind attention. I need to ask a very urgent information.

Can anybody know HOW DOES EMPADROMEINTO expire??? Do local authorities send any letter to renew it???

I got my empadronmiento in January, 2006. But I did not know about renew process. Now in 2008 someone told me if you don’t renew it, your empadronmiento will be expired.

Can you please reply.

I shall be very thankful to you for your kind reply.

Zurich

Posted: 21 April 2008 09:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

No you will not receive a letter to go and renew it although to be honest I think the rules vary region to region. If you are renting you are supposed to renew it regularly. If you own you may only need to renew it if you need to present it for something and they want an up todate version. Anyway if you are concerned just ask at your local town hall.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 22 April 2008 06:27 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-04-21

Dear honourable Felix,

Thank you so much for your kind and informative reply. I am heartly grateful to you for your advice and information.

I am pleased to have such a good expert who helps the other needy.

Best regards and take best care of yourself.

Kashif

Posted: 22 April 2008 08:56 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-27

No problem (but who is Felix?)

But I like it.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl

Posted: 02 May 2008 10:20 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

I recently re-newed my Empadronmento - basically as after 5 years at a previous address - I now have a new one…
There was no mention of my old one having expired.
I have heard however, that if you are a porperty owner - and are thinking of selling - then it is best to have a ‘Renewal’ (with recent date stamp) - as this somehow speeds the process of any sale along.

My local town hall has an excellent speaking department - and they have never indicated that an empadronmento ‘Expires’.

Glad you are sorted!
sj

Posted: 03 May 2008 03:05 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-27

In the many sales I have been involved with I have never known the notaries ask for a Padron - but having a recent one does not hurt…......

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl

Posted: 12 June 2008 07:14 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2008-03-08

I have not heard of one expiring, but I have heard of one being out of date….Your town hall will happily issue you with an up to date one, sometimes for a small fee (photocopying).... and usually they will be accepted within 3 months of date of issue of the person requiring it.

Signature 

http://www.spanishtownhouseforsale.piczo.com

Posted: 13 June 2008 10:32 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2006-12-15

Where I live the padron does expire and you have to go to the townhall periodically to renew. This may not be the case everywhere though - where I live there is a travel discount for residents (we’re in North Africa) to travel to and from the mainland and the padron is related to the discount (you have to have the padron to get the discount). I would imagine it’s similar for residents in the Canaries or Balearics. For non-eu residents I think you have to renew every 2 years and the townhall send a registered letter to inform you when it’s about to expire. For eu, it was every 5 years and linked to the expiry date of the residence card. Now we don’t have those, so I’m not sure what the expiry date is - we’ll no doubt find out when we recieve a letter some time in the future.

Posted: 10 November 2011 05:31 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-11-10

you have to renew it every 3 months here in canaries. all government document expires every 3 months non eu are not entitled to discount for flights or marine transfer as eu do.

‹‹ Dual Citizenship      NIE for Americans? ››